JENN Training and Consultancy
JENN Training and Consultancy has been assisting the Free State and Eastern Cape Departments of Education to improve their Grade 12 results since 2009 through customised programmes, successfully implemented in over 700 schools.
The school support initiative addresses and is particularly designed for a differentiated teaching approach, assisting learners who are academically challenged, particularly in gateway subjects.
It is also critical for tackling the unique problems experienced by many learners in South Africa – especially those in previously disadvantaged areas.
As a part of ensuring success in maintaining and enhancing learner performance, JENN introduced teacher capacitation workshops that cover identified gaps through both learner and teacher interventions.
With a staff complement that has an average of 20 years’ experience in the education sector, JENN also partakes in the FET learner interventions phase where it has built a vast track record.
• The creation of a unique educational environment for learners grounded in subject knowledge of the mathematics, science and accounting disciplines;
• The nourishing of cognitive, affective, social and creative excellence in the learner and educator; and
• The advancement of an Africanised knowledge base related to curricula and teaching methodology, designed to create a learning environment that affects the attitude and understanding of the learner, while nurturing excellence.
To empower youth by;
• Increasing the number of learners passing Grade 12,
• Increasing the number of Grade 12 learners who become eligible for a bachelor’s degree admission at tertiary level,
• Decreasing the number of schools obtaining a low pass percentage,
• Increasing the number of Grade 12 learners who pass mathematics, and
• Increasing the number of Grade 12 learners who pass physical science.
• Physical Science/ Technical Science
• Mathematical Literacy/ Mathematics/ Technical Mathematics
• Accounting/ Economics/ Business Studies
Other subjects are also supported based on individual school needs